Folder opens on windows XP home startup

I have a folder which always opens on startup of windows XP home. It's not
in the startup folder. Doesn't seem to cause a problem it's just annoying.
Can Msconfig get rid of it ? I cant seem to find any reference to it anywhere.

Cheers

Noddy,

If it is the System32 folder and if you have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card, see:

Tip 260: System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot
www.kellys-korner.com/xp_tweaks.htm

System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=170086

How to manage Windows Startup?:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Noddy" <Noddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58B094F-387A-4BCD-BBFF-E5DA54C0D8DB@microsoft.com...
I have a folder which always opens on startup of windows XP home. It's not
in the startup folder. Doesn't seem to cause a problem it's just annoying.
Can Msconfig get rid of it ? I cant seem to find any reference to it anywhere.

Cheers

Thanks Ramesh but it's not the system32 folder, it's an empty application
data folder. It's not even a recently installed program.

Any other ideas gratefully recieved

Cheers

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Noddy,
>
> If it is the System32 folder and if you have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card, see:
>
> Tip 260: System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot
> www.kellys-korner.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>
> System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=170086
>
> How to manage Windows Startup?:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Noddy" <Noddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58B094F-387A-4BCD-BBFF-E5DA54C0D8DB@microsoft.com...
> I have a folder which always opens on startup of windows XP home. It's not
> in the startup folder. Doesn't seem to cause a problem it's just annoying.
> Can Msconfig get rid of it ? I cant seem to find any reference to it anywhere.
>
> Cheers

Noddy,

Follow the 3rd URL and inspect the startup locations. That should help.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User