Folder opens on windows XP home startup

I have a folder which always opens on startup of windows XP home. It's not
in the startup folder. Doesn't seem to cause a problem it's just annoying.
Can Msconfig get rid of it ? I cant seem to find any reference to it anywhere.

Cheers
3 answers Last reply
More about folder opens windows home startup

    Noddy,

    If it is the System32 folder and if you have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card, see:

    Tip 260: System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot
    www.kellys-korner.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=170086

    How to manage Windows Startup?:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Noddy" <Noddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58B094F-387A-4BCD-BBFF-E5DA54C0D8DB@microsoft.com...
    I have a folder which always opens on startup of windows XP home. It's not
    in the startup folder. Doesn't seem to cause a problem it's just annoying.
    Can Msconfig get rid of it ? I cant seem to find any reference to it anywhere.

    Cheers

    Thanks Ramesh but it's not the system32 folder, it's an empty application
    data folder. It's not even a recently installed program.

    Any other ideas gratefully recieved

    Cheers

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Noddy,
    >
    > If it is the System32 folder and if you have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card, see:
    >
    > Tip 260: System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot
    > www.kellys-korner.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >
    > System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=170086
    >
    > How to manage Windows Startup?:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Noddy" <Noddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58B094F-387A-4BCD-BBFF-E5DA54C0D8DB@microsoft.com...
    > I have a folder which always opens on startup of windows XP home. It's not
    > in the startup folder. Doesn't seem to cause a problem it's just annoying.
    > Can Msconfig get rid of it ? I cant seem to find any reference to it anywhere.
    >
    > Cheers

    Noddy,

    Follow the 3rd URL and inspect the startup locations. That should help.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Noddy,
    >
    > If it is the System32 folder and if you have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card, see:
    >
    > Tip 260: System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot
    > www.kellys-korner.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >
    > System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=170086
    >
    > How to manage Windows Startup?:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Noddy" <Noddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58B094F-387A-4BCD-BBFF-E5DA54C0D8DB@microsoft.com...
    > I have a folder which always opens on startup of windows XP home. It's not
    > in the startup folder. Doesn't seem to cause a problem it's just annoying.
    > Can Msconfig get rid of it ? I cant seem to find any reference to it anywhere.
    >
    > Cheers

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP