Last response: in CPUs
June 1, 2010 9:59:45 AM

My pc config -
Amd phenom 945 3.0ghz
Asus 790gx M4A8T-E
Corsair 550watts Psu
Transcend 2gb DDR3 Ram
Samsung 20" Lcd monitor

cpu suddenly turns off . To turn on my cpu again i have to reset on/off switch in psu . Again it turns off while loading windows or even while in bios . So i tried corsair 500watts psu with my another intel cpu (which was working fine) . The same problem continued with intel cpu too . Now both Amd and Intel CPUs with same issue . I have checked my ups and main power supply too. I have no idea which one is faulty - Motherboard or processor or psu ?
Help me to resolve this ....

More about : cpu suddenly turns

a c 172 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 1, 2010 1:13:39 PM

If I read this correctly, you have a problem in your AMD system and when you moved the PSU to a working Intel system, the Intel system started doing the same thing.

If true, this is a "Duh!" moment. If the problem follows the PSU, the PSU is bad.
m
l
June 1, 2010 4:16:41 PM

jsc said:
If I read this correctly, you have a problem in your AMD system and when you moved the PSU to a working Intel system, the Intel system started doing the same thing.

If true, this is a "Duh!" moment. If the problem follows the PSU, the PSU is bad.

i checked corsair psu output volt with multimeter . It seems to be fine . Moreover Amd cpu is brand new . Anyway Amd cpu motherboard , processor and psu is under warranty .

I have no idea about intel cpu . Which one is fault - motherboard or processor or psu
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 83 à CPUs
June 1, 2010 4:24:57 PM

vasanthancs said:
i checked corsair psu output volt with multimeter . It seems to be fine . Moreover Amd cpu is brand new . Anyway Amd cpu motherboard , processor and psu is under warranty .

I have no idea about intel cpu . Which one is fault - motherboard or processor or psu

You do know cpu is the central processing unit, aka your processor right? In any case, I agree with the above, your power supply seems to be bad. The same power supply gives you problems in 2 different computers.
August 4, 2010 11:08:38 AM

Best answer selected by vasanthancs.
m
l
!