Sign in with
Your question

I5-3570k H77-DS3H Clock Ratio Issues

Last response: in Overclocking
January 31, 2013 9:03:56 PM

I recently purchased an Intel i5-3570k and a Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H mobo, and for some reason It won't let me overclock it. Does anyone have any insight on this? It says that I can set the CPU ratio if it is unlocked, which I assumed "unlocked and unleashed" meant on the CPU box?
It'll let me set it up to 36, but it doesn't actually change the clock ratio. I updated the bios to F8c, and that doesn't seem to be helping any....
Is there something I'm missing here?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 18, 2013 10:43:00 PM

theosxgeek22 said:
I recently purchased an Intel i5-3570k and a Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H mobo, and for some reason It won't let me overclock it. Does anyone have any insight on this? It says that I can set the CPU ratio if it is unlocked, which I assumed "unlocked and unleashed" meant on the CPU box?
It'll let me set it up to 36, but it doesn't actually change the clock ratio. I updated the bios to F8c, and that doesn't seem to be helping any....
Is there something I'm missing here?

Sorry for the delay in getting a reply. Your motherboard is an H77 chipset board, which doesn't support overclocking. I would recommend a Z77 board, such as the ASRock Z77 Extreme4.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :( 
m
l
!