truth is i'm just trying to squeeze out pixel shader 3.0 functionality out of the pixel shader 2.0b of my X1250 chip in the pretense that X1250 underneath is just basically a Radeon R520 (and X1300 being the lowest of all).
I suggest getting an new card and save your self the headache. http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonxpress1250mob/specs.html
3D Acceleration Features
* 3D Texture support, including projective 3D textures.
* Complete 3D primitive support: points, lines, triangles, lists, strips and quadrilaterals and BLTs with Z compare.
* Anti-aliasing using multi-sampling algorithm with support for 2, 4, and 6 samples.
* New generation rendering engine provides top 3D performance.
* Support for OpenGL format for Indirect Vertices in Vertex Walker.
* Full DirectX® 9.0 support (Vertex Shader version 2.0 and Pixel Shader version 2.0)
* Support for up to 512b per pixel formats (4 color case).
That alone is an excuse to upgrade.