Hyper612pwm vs h50 possible issue bros

clintwilks

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
i switched my h50 out for the hyper612pwm on my i5 3570k and the 612 is doing worse under itb load by like 2 to 4c ...shouldnt it be doing better ? i bought some shin etsu tim and just put it on the center of the cpu and mounted the cooler because ive ben told by a few people i trust that this particular paste spreads itself with the pressure from the heat or something like that? any feedback?? thx

Solution

From what I can tell, the h50 should be doing better. Evidently, the 612 doesn't have direct contact heat pipes, making it generally less effective than even the 212 EVO.

Or maybe the issue is the thermal paste. I would never go on a hunch that the thermal paste will apply properly on its own. I would suggest removing the cooler...

jrgray93

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

From what I can tell, the h50 should be doing better. Evidently, the 612 doesn't have direct contact heat pipes, making it generally less effective than even the 212 EVO.

Or maybe the issue is the thermal paste. I would never go on a hunch that the thermal paste will apply properly on its own. I would suggest removing the cooler, cleaning it off, and reapplying the paste.

Apply a generous amount of the paste. Push firmly enough down on the cooler when it is on the CPU and slightly move it around a bit to get air bubbles out.

As for cleaning off the current application of thermal paste, use a lint-free wipe and rubbing alcohol. Let it sit for 15 minutes after using the rubbing alcohol, so it evaporates before you apply the paste. If you don't have a lint-free wipe, coffee filters work. If you don't have rubbing alcohol, go to the store! Get some coffee while you're there. :lol:

Solution

clintwilks

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
eh....i went ahead and just got the h100 and some prolimatech pk-3..and yes...the 612 sucks. worse than the 212 idc waht anyone says. but thanks for the response. you get best answer !! lucky you!!!