killer8297

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
I know the testing done on windows is not accurate and but I still want to know why. I have a corsair force 3 128gb and I'm getting 5.9 on windows experience index. I'm pretty sure all the bios are setup right and I'm not using the marvel as I have a p8p67 deluxe. I do however half the other half of the participation as hackintosh. So 60gb for windows, 60gb for hackintosh. Would that affect the WEI?

5.9 = HDD WEI Score.
This is normally what a SSD will show when the driver is set to pcide.
Download/install/run AS SSD (don't need to run benchmark) just look uper left it will show partition alignment and driver, should be iaSTor normally, msahci is a alternative with a small performance hit.

As to the daul boot, not sure but back of mind someonles did this and had performance problems. For SSDs recommend SINGLE DRIVE per OS.. If you noticed almost every post dealling with installing the OS state "Disconnect all other HDDs" very dificualt to do when OS resides on the same drive

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
You might have some issues depending on how full the drive is. OS X won't TRIM non-Apple SSDs, so that may cause a performance hit on the entire disk even though OS X has its own partition (disks are partitioning-agnostic, they just fetch and store blocks). How full are both of your partitions? Also do what the poster said above to check your storage driver. It's probably a combination of two causing the issue.

killer8297

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011

Yep, its running msahci, not sure how I can change this. But the benchmark seemed very average for Corsair Force 3. The Windows partition is almost full with 5gb left while the OSx has like 40gb left. Heres the benchmark
btw
ssdg.png

To change iaSTor go to intel and download the latest RST driver. Not sure how much it would rais the score, but dought it would make that much difference, ie 10-.20 percetn.

Not sure just what the implications of only having 5 % free in win 7 directory and 40 gigs free in a 2nd partition. But I'm thinking your main problem is in fact having the two OSs on the same SSD.

Not that famuilar with the force III, But your snapshot is worse than my 120 gig Agilitly III (overall score is mid 400s) which is really low when I compared that to my M4 and samsung 830 which both had an overall score above 700.

My M4 in a i5-2410m laptop
nbq5xj.jpg

asnorton44

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
I have a Force 3 SSD too, my benchmarks aren't much different. Its an asynchronous drive so not extremely fast but it does score 7.9 WEI.

FORCE3_SSD.jpg

Some performance comparisons:
as-ssd-grid.jpg

As you can see the Force 3 asynchronous NAND shows its weakness with incompressible data.

TRENDING THREADS