Sign in with
Your question

Crashing/blue screening

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 8, 2010 12:47:21 AM

Hi after reading a article here,I soon found out what was wrong with my computer crashing.
I soon sent it back to the makers,and after getting the PC returned and them saying "no issues were found,computer reformatted" and 130 euros out of pocket as you could imagine i was pretty damm angry,so i was wondering if any of you could help me at all becuase now along with the random grey screening i am getting a blue screen of death..with no money to get this fixed i was wondering if any of you could help me..and me playing mainly counter strike source i know that it doesn't put that much strain on this type of graphics card...
Please help!!!!

The article - http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ATI-Grey-Screen-Fix-58...

Pc spec's -
AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Dual Core Processor (3.6GHz,6MB Cache)

ATI Radeon 5700 Graaphics ***DirectX 11***

4GB 800MGZ Dueal Channel DDR3 SDRAM

ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Mainboard,AM2 + Intergrated graphics MATX

1TB Serial ATA Hard Drive 16MB Buffer

Windows 7 64 Bit

^ I hope thats all acurate.

If any of you are fimular with steam and can help or just wan't a game add me here :) 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/morris1993
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2010 12:51:19 AM

We'll charge you half price, 65 euros to solve your problem. :D 

Anyways, GPU issue is my guess. Post a screenshot of your greyline error.
March 8, 2010 12:53:22 AM

Bluescreendeath said:
We'll charge you half price, 65 euros to solve your problem. :D 

Anyways, GPU issue is my guess. Post a screenshot of your greyline error.

I wish i had that kind of money :L

I can't im afraid for it just crashes mid game and with the noise of what ever game im in jumping and just i had to turn the power off and ive lost the cable for my phone >.<
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2010 1:10:48 AM

Blue screen errors are normally caused by memory or driver problems, particularly video drivers. Run a memory test program overnight and if this is ok then try a different video driver.
March 8, 2010 1:11:30 AM

pjmelect said:
Blue screen errors are normally caused by memory or driver problems, particularly video drivers. Run a memory test program overnight and if this is ok then try a different video driver.

Sorry when it comes to all of this,i'm very clueless :s anychance you can care to elabaerate ?
!