Help With Custom Loop

howdoiwatercool

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
So I read the sticky but I still don't quite understand how to calculate my TDP and how that transfers over into what radiators I need etc.

I am typically very paranoid about compatibility so I am very hesitant to do things that I can't find much information on, so I thought I would ask you guys for help.

I'm going to include my build below, and I was wondering if one of you guys would be kind enough to put together a custom watercooling configuration for me, preferably within the $200-$300 budget range. I know you guys are going to say I should be able to do this myself, but I am stressing out over what to do because of my paranoia, and if you guys put something together for me it would make me feel a lot better about this venture into watercooling :??:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($499.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($321.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($137.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($226.99 @ Mac Mall)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($599.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($599.99 @ Amazon)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card ($80.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom (Black/Green) ATX Full Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Gold 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($56.23 @ Amazon)
Other: Live Gamer HD ($219.99)
Total: $3332.02
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-31 23:26 EST-0500)

CPU is overclocked to 4.5Ghz, and the loop would also cool both video cards which are GTX 680 Classified with OCs.
My RAM is overclocked to 1866 9-9-9-24, not sure if that would need cooling?

Once again thank you to anyone who takes the time to suggest something, and I would prefer green colored tubes as my case has a green theme :D

I used this http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/ to calculate your chips tdp at 4.5GHz on 1.3v and it comes to 182w, obviously you can fill it in with more detail than me to get an accurate measure,
Your cards are around 195w apiece, so for a rough number, you need to cool 600w of heat
give yourself a rough number here, one 120mm rad will cool 125w capably, not quietly but it can remove the heat so for quiet you do whats known as over radding, use more radspace than is nominally required, this lets you run your fans slower/quieter,
In the sticky are some vendors links, post a list of the following for us
Compatible Cpu block,
You have an LGA2011 processor yes? you need a 2011 compatible waterblock, it will be specified in the W/b writeup and hard to miss
Compatible Gpu blocks do you want fullcover blocks http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=400-CU-G680-B2 expensive but goodlooking and made for that card (no carryover to next upgrade card) or universal blocks like this http://www.svc.com/ek-vghf.html
not as pretty but you can keep them for your next cards as well, you will need to use some VGA ramsinks as well with those to ensure good overall cooling
Sufficient radiators
You know you need 600w worth of cooling, but do you want it quieter as well?
A pump
I'll make this one easy for you as the world of pumps can be very confusing, google Mcp655b,
A Reservoir
Do you want a drivebay res or a cylinder one? or a top for your pump that is the reservoir is also a popular choice with that pump
Fittings fittings and tubing should be sized together to ensure a good fit so if you like 1/2" tubing you will want 1/2" fittings, the important part here is
G1/4 <that is the size of the threaded side of the fitting that screws into blocks/rads etc and an error here stops play so for 1/2" fittings you want something like http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-297-OK
Green tubing it is easy to find, just make sure the internal diameter matches the fitting,
Anti-Algae measures Silver killcoil, Deadwater, PT Nuke or UV light, how are you going to stop algae growing in your loop?
We won't give a shopping list, we prefer to help you educate yourself and when you post a prospective list of hardware up for us, we will review and amend if necessary but you are the one building/maintaining this loop, you need to know what parts you have and why you chose them :)
Moto