How can I bring my i5-2500K to default 3.3GHz

rog02

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Hello,

I am running my i5-2500K on 4.5GHz from last 2 months. I have done this overclocking using Asus AI suite. I cannot find any option in this software to bring CPU to its default speed. I am not a overclocking expert and don't know how to change voltages to increase/decrease CPU speed.

I cannot find any option in BIOS to change CPU clock. (It will be there but I couldn't find it).

How to change CPU clock either by using BIOS or by using ASUS AI Suite?

rog02

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011

Thanks amuffin for quick reply. This will definitely help me as previously I was used to press clear CMOS button on the motherboard to reset settings. But this will clear my other settings, like enable iGPU, disable LED backlight on my Maximus V Gene...

Is there any other way by using which I can set my CPU to default speed and also keep current settings as it is?
I can do these settings again if they are set to default but I was wondering if there is any other choice?

spartansociety

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
In BIOS or Asus AI Change a setting called multiplier back to 33,voltages should go back to auto if you dont want to mess with them again. Black should have been left alone so should be 100-100.02 If you cant find it in bios send through your motherboard model.

Can I ask why you want to remove the overclock? Do you have a decent CPU fan installed? If so you should be able to overclock to around 4.3 with no voltage increase and low temperatures. I assume using the Asus AI Suite would increase voltages way more than required, resulting in much higher temps. Or do you have instability and crashes?

rog02

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011

I am using Asus Maximus V Gene Motherboard, with i5-2500K and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler.

The system is stable and no crashes. I do overclock when I play games (mostly on weekends) to get smooth game play. Other days, when at work, I can use system with default speed 3.3GHz.