Sign in with
Your question

How can I bring my i5-2500K to default 3.3GHz

Last response: in Overclocking
February 1, 2013 6:26:24 AM

Hello,

I am running my i5-2500K on 4.5GHz from last 2 months. I have done this overclocking using Asus AI suite. I cannot find any option in this software to bring CPU to its default speed. I am not a overclocking expert and don't know how to change voltages to increase/decrease CPU speed.

I cannot find any option in BIOS to change CPU clock. (It will be there but I couldn't find it).

How to change CPU clock either by using BIOS or by using ASUS AI Suite?
a c 186 à CPUs
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 1, 2013 7:16:00 AM

Go into BIOS and reset UEFI defaults!
m
l
February 1, 2013 9:04:49 AM

amuffin said:
Go into BIOS and reset UEFI defaults!

Thanks amuffin for quick reply. This will definitely help me as previously I was used to press clear CMOS button on the motherboard to reset settings. But this will clear my other settings, like enable iGPU, disable LED backlight on my Maximus V Gene...

Is there any other way by using which I can set my CPU to default speed and also keep current settings as it is?
I can do these settings again if they are set to default but I was wondering if there is any other choice?
m
l
Related resources
February 1, 2013 10:30:53 AM

In BIOS or Asus AI Change a setting called multiplier back to 33,voltages should go back to auto if you dont want to mess with them again. Black should have been left alone so should be 100-100.02 If you cant find it in bios send through your motherboard model.

Can I ask why you want to remove the overclock? Do you have a decent CPU fan installed? If so you should be able to overclock to around 4.3 with no voltage increase and low temperatures. I assume using the Asus AI Suite would increase voltages way more than required, resulting in much higher temps. Or do you have instability and crashes?
m
l
February 1, 2013 10:40:26 AM

spartansociety said:
In BIOS or Asus AI Change a setting called multiplier back to 33,voltages should go back to auto if you dont want to mess with them again. Black should have been left alone so should be 100-100.02 If you cant find it in bios send through your motherboard model.

Can I ask why you want to remove the overclock? Do you have a decent CPU fan installed? If so you should be able to overclock to around 4.3 with no voltage increase and low temperatures. I assume using the Asus AI Suite would increase voltages way more than required, resulting in much higher temps. Or do you have instability and crashes?

I am using Asus Maximus V Gene Motherboard, with i5-2500K and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler.

The system is stable and no crashes. I do overclock when I play games (mostly on weekends) to get smooth game play. Other days, when at work, I can use system with default speed 3.3GHz.
m
l
!