Your question

Overclocked 3570K

Tags:
  • Intel
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 1, 2013 12:54:19 PM

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my OC results of my 3570K with you. Im new to overclocking so this is what I could manage and I find 4.2 enough after my 3.0 phenom :D  . the system is stable and the real life temps does not go over 69. Im just not sure about my CPU voltage whether if it is high or not. I believe its quite high because with intel burn I go up to 85 degrees even though Im using a bequite dark rock 2 and arctic silver5. Ill be happy to receive some opinions from the experienced folks :) 

Thanks !

its not the best 4.2 right ... :lol:  as it can be seen, all the voltages are set to default but..

More about : overclocked 3570k

a b K Overclocking
February 1, 2013 2:14:07 PM

Congrats on your overclock! If you want to lower the temperatures you could try lowering the voltage, by manually setting it, however at 1.16v under load its already pretty good.
February 1, 2013 2:30:41 PM

fil1p said:
Congrats on your overclock! If you want to lower the temperatures you could try lowering the voltage, by manually setting it, however at 1.16v under load its already pretty good.

cheerrs mate !! :)  happy to hear that ! but I think it goes up to 1.759 on full load .. how about that ?
Related resources
February 1, 2013 2:34:36 PM

at lest thats what core temp says*
a b K Overclocking
February 1, 2013 3:10:38 PM

Use CPU-Z to check the CPU voltage. If the voltage is indeed 1.759v then it is really high, and you would have overheating problems, or more likely your processor would be fried.
February 1, 2013 3:47:05 PM

fil1p said:
Use CPU-Z to check the CPU voltage. If the voltage is indeed 1.759v then it is really high, and you would have overheating problems, or more likely your processor would be fried.

I see! then it must be a faulty then, cpuz and cpuid shows 1.184 when o full load and doesnt go over 1.192. probably 1.759 would not be working at 60-80 degrees so Id say 1.192 is the very max that it gets
February 1, 2013 4:14:36 PM

fil1p said:

btw it was 1.1759 ! my bad.
a b K Overclocking
February 1, 2013 6:00:03 PM

As your CPU-Z screenshot shows 1.1759v. Thats pretty good, so no worries.
February 1, 2013 6:58:16 PM

fil1p said:
As your CPU-Z screenshot shows 1.1759v. Thats pretty good, so no worries.

Thanks mate ! :) 
a b K Overclocking
February 3, 2013 8:30:44 PM

Yeah your temps look a little high with so little voltage. Is your CPU Cooler a good cooler? I am running at 4.7Ghz with 1.380 Vcore and my temps are only 5C over yours. But those are decent temps and I congradulate you on a stable overclock. Maybe try lowering the voltage just a tad. Maybe you need to reseat your cooler? Although your temps are a little high it's nothing to much out of the norm. So I'd say if you cool with it then run with it. Also, what kind of case do you have? That may have something to do with those temps. Again it's not a really big deal it's just that I get temps of 78C using Intel Burn In Test at a 4.5Ghz overclock with my cooler and your only at 4.2 with less voltage. You can read my setup below.
February 3, 2013 9:01:30 PM

ericjohn004 said:
Yeah your temps look a little high with so little voltage. Is your CPU Cooler a good cooler? I am running at 4.7Ghz with 1.380 Vcore and my temps are only 5C over yours. But those are decent temps and I congradulate you on a stable overclock. Maybe try lowering the voltage just a tad. Maybe you need to reseat your cooler? Although your temps are a little high it's nothing to much out of the norm. So I'd say if you cool with it then run with it. Also, what kind of case do you have? That may have something to do with those temps. Again it's not a really big deal it's just that I get temps of 78C using Intel Burn In Test at a 4.5Ghz overclock with my cooler and your only at 4.2 with less voltage. You can read my setup below.

Thanks for the reply mate, the thing is my gaming and intel official benchmark temps wont go over 50 but when i use intel burn the temps re so bad due to auto voltage, the voltage jst flies away. Heres whats going on actuallyn

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/283284-11-offset-vc...
a b K Overclocking
February 3, 2013 9:32:26 PM

If your vcore is not manually set than I suggest you set it manually, that way under load the automatic overclock won't choose to unnecessarily increase voltage.
February 3, 2013 9:34:59 PM

Actually i have found about the llc, it should limit the minimum and the maximum voltage then it can be adjusted between those values by the offset settings but its a little complicated ...
February 3, 2013 9:54:58 PM

fil1p said:
If your vcore is not manually set than I suggest you set it manually, that way under load the automatic overclock won't choose to unnecessarily increase voltage.

Here it is, llc set to mod 3 (%25) and offset -0.010 temps wont go over 77 anymore and max vcore seems to be 1.104.. Thats impressive for a 4.2 3570 ! Used intel burn maximum stress
a c 127 å Intel
a c 428 K Overclocking
February 3, 2013 11:38:35 PM

!