Sign in with
Your question

New system parts check

Last response: in Systems
March 23, 2010 12:27:48 PM

I am currently looking at building a computer that will primarily be used for gaming. I have chosen a few parts listed:

CPU: Intel core i7 930

Mobo: Asus P6T deluxe V2

GPU: GTX 480 (When released)

RAM: 6GB Corsair Dominator

HDD: Samsung spinpoint F3 1TB x2

PSU: Corsair 850TX

Case: Cooler Master HAF932

Monitor: Benq G2420HD

Considering buying a gaming keyboard such as Logitech G110 and i'm not too fussy with the mouse.

I am looking at spending around $3k all up for my build, I live in Australia so cannot buy from newegg as they do not ship to here. I have no clue as to what blue-ray/DVD burners are good so any advice there would be appreciated.

Could you please check over this list and let me know what you think. Also, if there is any add-ons you can think of let me know.

Cheers

More about : system parts check

March 23, 2010 12:50:05 PM

Here's some changes:

Mobo: I personally don't think the P6T series is a good deal. Grab an Asus P6X58D Premium for USB 3/SATA III support.

RAM: Corsair is generally overpriced. Dominators especially. Try to find some cheap 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 sticks. G.Skill makes some very good ones. Another option is to find the Mushkin Enhanced Redline set that's 1600 mhz CAS Latency 6, as these are the fastest available.

Case: Drop that to the HAF 922. It's just as big, but a lot cheaper.

Optical: I personally don't advise getting a BluRay drive. They're expensive and not really that useful right now. The general exception to this is if you met all of the following: 1.) You own a lot of BluRay movies already, 2.) You currently watch all your movies on your PC, 3.) You do not currently own a BluRay player.
m
l
!