General purpose / Web Design / DAW - PC Build

geenee

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
This will be my first PC build, I'll be using it primarily for web design (mostly coding / some photoshop stuff) & general purpose use (Internet use, watching videos etc). I'll also be making music using Reason, Ableton & Cubase, mostly sequencing and not much recording - but I will be running two of these programs at the same time at some points with loads of samples and synths going running. I've got a Audio 4 DJ soundcard and an M Audio Delta soundcard which should help with the that (I think?). The primary areas I'd like the PC to be good in are:

- Realiabilty
- Good multi-tasking capabilities
- Potential future upgrading / overclocking
- Should be fairly quiet

I don't plan on trying to overclock or upgrade for a year or so as I just need solid work computer but when I've got some more time and money to play around with I want to see what I can do!

I've got a monitor, mouse and keyboard and a few hard drives I'll be putting in from my old PC.

I also have plans to use 2 x 22" monitors in the future and if it's possible also rig up a HD TV (probably 37") for watching blu-rays in the future. I'm thinking this would require a graphics card upgrade when I can afford it. This is not at all an essential though.

I'm planning on buying the components and building the PC in the next few weeks, and after much research I've got a shortlist for the parts (currently looking to buy them all from scan.co.uk)

Silverstone PS02B Precision Black Mid Tower Case - £38.74

650W Antec Truepower New PSU - £79.88

Asus P7P55D LE - £104.05

Intel Core i5 750 - £161.15

4GB (2x2GB) Corsair XMS3 Classic, DDR3 PC3-10666 (1333) Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 9-9-9-24, 1.50V - £92.94

1TB Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 - £61.98

1GB Asus HD 4350 Silent, PCI-E 2.0 (x16), 800MHz GDDR2, GPU 600MHz, 80 Cores, D-Sub/ DVI-I/ HDMI - £32.76

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, Single, - OEM - £78.81

TOTAL SYSTEM COST (INC DELIVERY): £661.39

geenee

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Forgot to say I'd just like some advice on what people think of this build?? Will it do the job or does anyone think I should get different components?

My budget can be stretched to £700