Does XP stretch background images if only set to "center"?

beemer

My monitor is set to 1024 x 768. If I put a 1024 x 768 x 96ppi image on
the desktop with "center" not "stretched selected the image still
appears to get enlarged.

Please advise

Beemer

Position:
[[Lists background display options. Center will display the image in the
center of your screen; Tile will repeat the image over your entire screen;
Stretch will stretch the image to cover your entire screen.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:MPG.1c1f8b10759b57069896e3@news.microsoft.com,
Beemer <beemer@nowhere.com> hunted and pecked:
> My monitor is set to 1024 x 768. If I put a 1024 x 768 x 96ppi image
> on the desktop with "center" not "stretched selected the image still
> appears to get enlarged.
>
> Please advise
>
> Beemer

beemer

In article <urpzaeN3EHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, 123WVogel955
@comcast.net says...
> Position:
> [[Lists background display options. Center will display the image in the
> center of your screen; Tile will repeat the image over your entire screen;
> Stretch will stretch the image to cover your entire screen.]]

Well in my case the image is getting enlarged even although I have
selected center.

Beemer

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 07:37:48 -0000, Beemer wrote:

> Well in my case the image is getting enlarged even although I have
> selected center.

You might try creating an image slightly larger than the desktop to avoid
the stretching problem.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

It stretches only if set to Stretch. Inherent in Stretch is Center,
given that it stretches (or compresses) so that the natural edges of
the graphic line up with edges of the desktop.

I'm baaaack!