Recommendations for Phenom II motherboards?

abdu3000

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
I am looking for a very good motherboard for a 1090 Phenom II CPU. I have an ASUS M4A89GTD motherboard and I have problems with it.
I also have a GigaByte GA-890XA which is pretty good. However sometimes the system bluescreens (Windows 7) and the system gets stuck at the BIOS screen which is pretty bad because I can't remote to the machine when this happens.

Now I am looking for a third motherboard. Any recommendations for a very good board? What about MSI.. do they have one i can depend on?

tecmo34

Administrator
MSI or ASRock would be your next choices for manufacturer's. The ASRock 870 Extreme3 is currently the best priced board for performance / features to price and would be my recommendation.

Are the two referenced above motherboards two different systems or one replaced the other?? If it is one placed the other, I would look to one of your other components being the true root cause of your system issues. ASUS & Gigabyte are concerned two of the best makers, so I would think the likelihood of getting two bad boards would be very low.

If they are two different systems, what are their full specs and what troubleshooting have you tried? We might be able to help troubleshoot them versus a third setup.

abdu3000

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

They are two different system. I got two boards of the ASUS and they never worked flawlessly. They sometimes go into overclocking mode on their own and I can't get my settings to 'stick'. Plus a drive works only on a certain SATA port which uses another driver controller.

The Gigabyte should never get stuck in BIOS regardless of the reason of the reboot. They might a hardware issue causing the system to reboot but the system should reboot and go pass the BIOS post.

I will look into the other boards. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS