Sign in with
Your question

Crosshair formula iv red cpu led light

Last response: in Motherboards
November 25, 2010 11:25:36 AM

Hello,
I just purchased a crosshair formula iv mobo. When I put the video card in it gives a constant beep but no video. When I remove the card it stops beeping. The cpu led light is contant red. Help...
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
November 25, 2010 11:36:45 AM

Check for a possible short circuit in the motherboard installation.

Remove motherboard, check the locations of risers, and riser depths. Riser locations should match the holes on the motherboard. All risers should be protruding the same amount. Burrs prevent risers from seating flush with the plate.

Do not overtighten the screws, either.

Other than the above, check that all connectors are fitted properly.
November 25, 2010 2:08:22 PM

BarryBertolet said:
Hello,
I just purchased a crosshair formula iv mobo. When I put the video card in it gives a constant beep but no video. When I remove the card it stops beeping. The cpu led light is contant red. Help...

I actually took the mobo out and placed it on cardboard to avoid shorts but still have the same problem. Any other suggestions?
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
November 26, 2010 6:01:25 AM

Check motherboard's bottom side to see if there are any signs of physical damage.

If clean, then it might help if you remove the cpu and check the conditions of pin contacts between cpu and its socket on the motherboard.
November 26, 2010 6:57:11 PM

Can you describe the beep i.e. long long short or high low so on
Make sure the card is OK on a diff system. What type of video card it is. Try and give as many detail you can.i.e. make sure the PCIE power connector on the video card is OK
Thanks
!