Looking for a good Motherboard

bluerambo

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Hey guys im looking around for a new motherboard to put in my new system and have had some trouble. I need a socket 775, ddr2 memory slots, at least one pci e x16 2.0, and i would prefer that it was under $100. Ive come across the ASUS P5N-D and the GIGABYTE GA-P43, but both have poor reviews. IF you guys have some suggestions please tell me because i need to order it before tuesday (cyber monday deals) Thanks for the help

Regarding the ASUS P5N-D; I read the reviews BUT then if you filter Verified Owners {Newegg} and then start to peal-off the underlying issues: 1. Overheating {most folk don't have a clue how to properly OC}, 2. DOA {more than likely ANYONE buying a 775 now is buying one to replace what they perceive to be a bad MOBO when instead it's another 'bad' component e.g. CPU or GPU}, 3. SLI {no you cannot connect a mid to higher end 'current' GPU and expect it to 'perform' - OLD architecture and 'bottlenecking.'}

Therefore, IF in your case you're planning to use it as I described above then NONE of the 775 MOBO's will achieve a 5-Star rating with a 1/2-Star builder.

Therefore - ASUS P5N-D, otherwise 'it might be' a good time to build new...

bluerambo

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010

thanks you kind sir im not an expert i dont pan to oc and i dont plan to run sli so i gues the p5n-d will be just fine for me Again thanks for the help