Info needed on buying Hewlett Packer R607

Hi, first post and living in Canada and like many others hoping to buy
digital camera for Christmas and friends have recommended Hewlett
Packer Photosmart R607 for around 270 at Staples. It 4.1 Mp 3xoptical
and 7 digital. Can anybody advise if this is a decent camera or
recommend something in the 300-400 dollar Canadian range that is a
good buy and will do for the average tech savvy guy, thanks Garry
1 answer Last reply
More about info needed buying hewlett packer r607

    <garryhatter@telus.net> wrote in message
    > Hi, first post and living in Canada and like many others hoping to buy
    > digital camera for Christmas and friends have recommended Hewlett
    > Packer Photosmart R607 for around 270 at Staples. It 4.1 Mp 3xoptical
    > and 7 digital. Can anybody advise if this is a decent camera or
    > recommend something in the 300-400 dollar Canadian range that is a
    > good buy and will do for the average tech savvy guy, thanks Garry

    Have a look at what Olympus and Panasonic have on offer.
    Olympus put out a 3.5 MP digicam with 10x optical and 30x digital zoom. My
    wife has one and it's output is excellent. Panasonic are not too shabby
    either although I would say - as an owner a lot of HP gear - that anything
    from HP could be considered good. It's just that cameras from Olympus are
    excellent.

    Doug

Photo Cameras