Status
Not open for further replies.

mteeple

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Alright so I have an age old question... Will this RAM work with my RAM if so what will happen such as will the CAS latencies be lowered, do they need to share the same voltage, and do they needs to be manufactured by the same people

Right now i have 4 slots in my motherboard for ram expendable up to 8 GB. 2 of those slots are taken by 2x2 GB of Patriot Viper Series DDR3 1333 MHZ Model# PVS34G1333llk
http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-PVS34G1333LLK-Performance-PC3-10666-7-7-7-20/dp/B001B2LPVE

This model is hard to find in local my stores and is actually pretty pricey with no savings really to be found besides the Amazon deal. I was wondering could i upgrade my RAM with this model and what would happen if i did so
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277&cm_re=pvs34g11333llk-_-20-231-277-_-Product
Would i need same voltage? because they aren't right now
Would they need same MHZ because they arent
And would the Latencies have to match up?

Btw this is probably in the wrong subcategory the quick message box wouldn't let me submit otherwise and none of the other things fit any better than this one

Solution
Those G.Skill modules are going dirt cheap!.

Even though mixing up memory kits isn't recommended, it shouldn't hurt as long as you can get them to run at the same speeds, timings and voltages.

Unless you're doing video or 3d editing you're not going to notice any difference at all by going to 8gb from 4gb

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
Those G.Skill modules are going dirt cheap!.

Even though mixing up memory kits isn't recommended, it shouldn't hurt as long as you can get them to run at the same speeds, timings and voltages.

Unless you're doing video or 3d editing you're not going to notice any difference at all by going to 8gb from 4gb

Solution

mteeple

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Thats what i thought too when i saw them i was like wow i could of bought two of my current ram kits and those ones are on par with it or maybe even better

Status
Not open for further replies.