cougs_83

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
I have an ATI 4650 and I think I may have screwed something up. I decided to try the ATI overdrive to see if I would get a performance boost ATI overdrive basically maxed out the card and it started freezing up. I thought that I turned off overdrive and did a reboot, but when the computer booted back up after the windows loading screen my 42" LCD I have it hooked up to went to a blank screen (not the blue no input screen, it was just dark like the TV was off.) After 30 seconds I decided that I must still have something wrong with the video. Did a hard reset and clicked to load last known good settings. Computer booted fine and checked and sure enough overdrive was still set. I turned it off and locked it. But then the pc continued with the black screen after windows loading bar at the bottom. It will litterally just sit there with a black screen for 3 to for minutes. I updated CCC to 10.2 and it is still doing it. I am confused :pt1cable:

cougs_83

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
I assumed that I did when I completely removed CCC I went back into the device manager after removeing 9.2 and it showed the standard windows VGA driver after installing 10.2 is showed the 4600 driver and showed that it was functioning properly.

cougs_83

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Just checked for a specific time after the windows loading bar leaves before the login menu. It took 3 minutes and 45 seconds before loading and pulling up the login menu.