Memory help, #%#% I think I bought the wrong set

jtoth77

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I was so excited about my total geek evening tomorrow until about 5 seconds ago. I have all the components for my new I5 build coming in the mail tomorrow thanks to the Egg and I just realized my memory is not on the Gigabyte p55-ud3 support list.

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ is what I bought.

There is another g.skill ddr3 1600 on the list but the one I bought is not.

Will this memory work or do I have to delay my night of super-cool geek-fun a few days while I swap this set out? Will the egg take it back if I open the package and install them for a test run?

Thanks guys,
Jeremy

That kit will work fine, the memory support list that the motherboard manufacturers have are only kits that they have sat down and tested to make sure they are 100% compatible. 99% of the time a memory kit will work perfectly fine with any motherboard, they just have the support list for people who are afraid of being that 1%.

Up side to gskill kits, they are able to run stable at 1.5V so you dont need to worry about adjusting its voltage and timings before you install windows.