HD 5850 Brands question

I was looking into buying a new Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 when I realised the only avaible brand I could find in Canada was XFX HD-585A-ZNDC Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) XXX Edition 1GB http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150455 . All I could find about the different brands of radeon cards through reviews was never to go XFX. So here I am. Wondering if I should keep looking for a other brand or just go with this one.

Thanks

Syko
10 answers Last reply
More about 5850 brands question
  1. XFX is a solid company, who said you should not go with them? I've owned XFX, Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA, and Asus cards. Frankly I found them all about the same in terms of quality.
  2. $390 Canadian.....wow

....what happens if you get caught smuggling a video card into Canada from the USA???
  3. i bought the HIS 5850 from newegg for 295$ cdn last week...xfx ain't the only brand....and CT1615 i didn't pay any overcharge for shipping, GO NEWEGG !
  4. dam its a bit more now but here's the link if you want a kick ass HIS ATI Radeon from newegg.ca
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161302
    btw i boutgh 3 of them..one for me, one for my wife and one for a friend...all work flawlessly and mine is running eyefinity with 3 22inch like a charm !
  5. i would agree I've never had an xfx but from most people on this forum most seem satisfied with their cards
  6. XFX is fine, but don't overpay for them either. Early on they were a little "rough" (the cooler on my 4850 looked like they took a hacksaw to it) but still worked great. Good warranty too.
  7. For pricing...wait until the end of march if you can since the nvidia gtx480 is coming out (ether for that or just for maybe a price drop in all other model)
  8. Only differences are:
    Prices
    And Overclocked and non reference coolers, but those 2 are not as common as reference cards.

Oh and warranty of course
  9. Ive owned XFX in the past and have never had any problems myself but if I was going buy a new ATI card then I would definatly go for Sapphire or ASUS.
  10. Hey there,

I believe XFX is a reference card with an XFX sticker on it. Which makes it the same as the other "name" brands such as MSI/Sapphire/Asus/HIS/Gigabyte.

Ive never had experience with XFX but on the other hand Ive never heard anything bad about them either.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon HD Graphics Product