Help with my Antec 80mm fan please!

PillRock82

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
I have an antec 80mm led fan...it has a 3pin and 4pin connector...do i plug the 3pin into the port that is directly to my motherboard or use one of the 3pin wires???? also do i need to plug in the 4pin cnnctor as well???

Solution
Only connect one of the two connectors. If you plug it directly into the fan header on your motherboard with its 3 pin connector you will be able to adjust its speed. If you plug it into a 4 pin molex connector on the PSU it will always run at full speed when the system is on. Its up to you to decide which you would prefer, just dont plug it into both at the same time you will fry the fan header on your motherboard.
Only connect one of the two connectors. If you plug it directly into the fan header on your motherboard with its 3 pin connector you will be able to adjust its speed. If you plug it into a 4 pin molex connector on the PSU it will always run at full speed when the system is on. Its up to you to decide which you would prefer, just dont plug it into both at the same time you will fry the fan header on your motherboard.

Solution

PillRock82

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010

Sweet thanks a ton...Ummm so I use the 3pin port that is at the bottom of my motherboard below my Video Card and not one of the hanging 3pin wires is that correct???