Trying to pick between these 3 motherboards?

van___

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Hey there, my LGA 775 system shat itself the other day so time to upgrade I feel.

I'm on a relatively tight budget however I've found a solution that could work in with what I can afford.
I am planning on getting:

Core i5 750
2x2gb Corsair Dominator Ram
And one of 3 motherboards;
-ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
-MSI P55A-GD65
-Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4

These 3 motherboards come in at ~$300NZD with the Gigabyte being $315
I buy from a trusted supplier so while I can get things cheaper most of the cheaper stores are a bit dodgy and I've lost out that way before.

I have a Corsair Hx650w PSU with a Lancool Dragonlord case. I intend to overclock the i5 to around 4ghz with a decent air cooler and I am currently running an HD4830 but will be getting an HD6850 soon after this purchase with possible plans to go Crossfire down the line.

So just looking for advice on what motherboard everyone would recommend.

Thanks
Van

tecmo34

Administrator
I would go with the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro out of those three boards. I've had issues with MSI in the past, so I don't typically recommend. The Gigabyte board looses USB3.0 & SATA III support when running a dual GPU setup, so I can't recommend it.

van___

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
True. You raise a good point I overlooked/forgot about with the Gigabyte. I have also red about some issues with the MSI board. The Asus is looking like a winner then. Hoping to order the combo today.

van___

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
What is better the P7P55D-E Deluxe or Pro. Theyre the same price where I'm buying from? Adds some confusion to my decision.

Edit:
Compared online it would appear the deluxe has 10 channel audio and a 2nd gigabit ethernet port. Some extra gimmicky features and overall looks better. Probably pick that one up instead of the pro.