Motherboard/PSU/Graphics Card Compatibility

Viper1218

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
First of all, I apologise if this is in the wrong section. It's the first time I've posted on this forum.

I recently fried my graphics card, and shortly after, blew my power supply (yay for luck!), so decided that it's time for an upgrade.

Just a quick question as to whether or not the two new parts I want will be compatible with my motherboard.

Motherboard: nForce 790i ULTRA 775
GPU: eVGA GTX260+
PSU: Corsair HX-650 ATX

Sorry if I'm being a little vague, if there's anything else you need to know then feel free to ask.

Thanks.

~Tom :hello:

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Quite so- all will work fine together and all are good solid parts. Just out of curiosity though- are those your only choices, or are you willing to consider others? I only ask because I would imagine you would be able to get a good quality build for (most likely) a similar price that would be a little more forward-looking, such as a different socket that might be more upgradeable in the future, and probably a better graphics card for less money.

Viper1218

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Thanks for the answer, that's all I needed to know.

I actually built this PC in early 09, but blew the 9800GT I had recently so I'm just upgrading to a better card and getting a new PSU. I know about the socket being obsolete and whatnot, just wanted to make sure that this would work. :p

Thanks anyway though, I do appreciate it.

~Tom ;)

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Ok- cool man. Thats why I asked if you were locked into those parts rather than just telling you to get something else. I gotta say though, if you are upgrading to a better GPU, I would still suggest an ATI Radeon HD 5770 though since its very similar performance to the gtx260, and will be cheaper and use less power (as well as having DX11)

TRENDING THREADS