Best drivers for ATI 5xxx Series

Solution
I would say the most current drivers would be your best bet, 10.2 (+ hotfix?). Then try 9.11 + hotfix if that dose not work maybe the 9.10/ones that came on the CD, if not then Id say your out of luck until the 10.3 drivers are released.

Get drivers from the AMD website, fill out your information in the top right hand corner and profit.
http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx

RPinney

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009

I signed in just to thank you for posting this. I was searching for over 2 hours trying endless solutions to try and fix my crashing problems and so far they are solved. My graphics driver would crash my system while sitting idle at the desktop. That was with 10.2 (without the hotfix). Thank you thank you thank you!

edit: WOW just got the "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered." message again.

RPinney

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009

You don;t understand. My desktop freezes and gets an error message every 30 seconds. When I dont' have the driver installed I do not have any issues...

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

That is particular to your system. The general consensus is that this driver version is good for the 5xxx generation.