Solved

Best drivers for ATI 5xxx Series

Hi gys,Which is the best driver version for at HD 5450,5570,5670,5750,5770,5870 AND 5970

If u dont mind please give the links too..

tHANKS
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best drivers 5xxx series
  1. Best answer
    I would say the most current drivers would be your best bet, 10.2 (+ hotfix?). Then try 9.11 + hotfix if that dose not work maybe the 9.10/ones that came on the CD, if not then Id say your out of luck until the 10.3 drivers are released.

    Get drivers from the AMD website, fill out your information in the top right hand corner and profit.
    http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx
  2. The 10.2 hotfix IMO is the best driver as of yet for the 5000 series cards. I've tested Dirt, Dirt 2, AVP Demo, BC2 demo, Lost Planet Colonies, 3DM06/Vantage, Heaven benchmark tool, Gears of war, GRID, and a few more without any issues at all.

    Here is the link: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst102Hotfix.aspx
  3. sincreator said:
    The 10.2 hotfix IMO is the best driver as of yet for the 5000 series cards. I've tested Dirt, Dirt 2, AVP Demo, BC2 demo, Lost Planet Colonies, 3DM06/Vantage, Heaven benchmark tool, Gears of war, GRID, and a few more without any issues at all.

    Here is the link: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst102Hotfix.aspx


    I signed in just to thank you for posting this. I was searching for over 2 hours trying endless solutions to try and fix my crashing problems and so far they are solved. My graphics driver would crash my system while sitting idle at the desktop. That was with 10.2 (without the hotfix). Thank you thank you thank you!

    edit: WOW just got the "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered." message again.
  4. The 10.2 hotfix driver seems to get good reviews from owners so I would go for that until 10.3 comes this month.
  5. hallowed_dragon said:
    The 10.2 hotfix driver seems to get good reviews from owners so I would go for that until 10.3 comes this month.


    You don;t understand. My desktop freezes and gets an error message every 30 seconds. When I dont' have the driver installed I do not have any issues...
  6. RPinney said:
    You don;t understand. My desktop freezes and gets an error message every 30 seconds. When I dont' have the driver installed I do not have any issues...


    That is particular to your system. The general consensus is that this driver version is good for the 5xxx generation.
  7. Best answer selected by r_manic.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Drivers HD ATI Graphics