Is Biostar A785GE good for phenom x6?

is Biostar A785GE or Biostar TA790GX A3+ (for xfire) good for phenom x6 or one should go for a high end mobo.
7 answers Last reply
More about biostar a785ge good phenom
  1. the board can take x6, but only 95watt editions that havnt been released to retail yet, they should be out in Q3

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/cpu_support.php?S_ID=433
  2. To add to that, you still don't need to go for a high end board. My AM2+ Asus M4A785-M can handle both Phenom IIx6. supports up to 125W TDP. They have an AM3 version of that board too for about the same price. $80.
  3. so biostar is ok according to you.won't it bottleneck the processor speed or my existing 4870 gpu?
  4. xaira said:
    nope

But as you said it supports just 95W cpu which aren't in market yet.so that makes no sense to buy it i think.
    Thanks xaira.Thanks enzo matrix.
  5. darksmart said:
    But as you said it supports just 95W cpu which aren't in market yet.so that makes no sense to buy it i think.
    Thanks xaira.Thanks enzo matrix.

I'm not sure if you are clear on what I said. Just to make sure: That motherboard is not good enough you need one that supports 125W. But that doesn't mean spending a lot of money, you can find boards that support 125W for $80. :D
  6. enzo matrix said:
    I'm not sure if you are clear on what I said. Just to make sure: That motherboard is not good enough you need one that supports 125W. But that doesn't mean spending a lot of money, you can find boards that support 125W for $80. :D

Yes,i got the point.Thanks enzo matrix.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Biostar Phenom Product