ATi releases the Radeon HD 5990 4GB TODAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an MSI K9A2 Platinum mobo. I don't think I'll be getting that card anytime soon but I do have the room for it...lol
OCZ is doing an RMA on my GameXStream 1010W by sending me a Z-Series 1000W 80 Plus Gold certified PSU to replace it. I'll have the power I need too...lol

mohsentux

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
this card is just for advertising.ati's trying to get people's attention as the best gpu maker.
and the funny thing is when a 4gb vga is needed for playing games (in future) then we'll probably have dx12 so if i buy this it's a waste

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Wow.... Gonna cost a TON. A little misleading though since its not ATI's number increase- its on Sapphire. Its not truly a 5990, only really a 5970 OC. I'm just looking forward to seeing if ATI releases a 5890 or what their 6xxx series cards are like.

notty22

Distinguished
Newegg is listing one 5970, out of stock, coming 3/12- 699.99.
Right now , zipzoomfly has two reference models IN STOCK 799.99.
There are almost NO reference models anywhere (etailers).
I have a feeling its going to be all non reference models from here on out, maybe
not to the extreme as this thing will cost. But a better cooler to justify , 800.00, which seems to be the new low price of the card. If people got theirs for 660.00 that was a heck of a deal. They are setting a atmosphere where buying on the first day/week, the consumer has gotten the best deal. Same just occurred with the 5830. Will this repeat with GtX 4XX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.