okini55

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Ok to this problem has been pissing me off hard for about 8 months now. I have a core i7 920 @ 2.66 stock clocks. On the old HWmonitor 1.15 it says that my core 0, 1, 2, 3 are 35-45 C. But TMPIN 0 is 95 C and has been like that for ages now whilst TMPIN 1 and 2 are at nice temps. On this new HWmointor 4. summin it says mainboard 40 C or so. CPU 1 95C, CPU 2 is cool and 3 too. So first off. Why the heck does it only show 3 cores? Seocnd how the hell can HWmonitor say my CPU core 1 is about 40C when this newer verision says 95C??? Im 99% sure this is just bullpoopoo because my CPU would have been fried half a year ago if it actually was running that hot but just seeing that temp on my HWmonitor windows pisses me off really really hard so what should I do????? Please help!!

Thanks

xaira

Distinguished
CALM DOWN

1.ok, hwmonitor gets its readings from sensors throughout ur system, sometimes it either cant read these sensors or reads them incorrectly

core 0 = core 1
core 1 = core 2
core 2 = core 3
core 3 = core 4

the first number is 0 not 1, computers are right and we are wrong

3. tmpin 0 is either a malfunction, or ur X58 CHIPSET'S heatsink is not big enough or not experiencing enough airflow, if possible try foing to your board manufacturers website and see if they hav ea system monitoring utility that wll tell you the accurate figures

okini55

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

The thing is :S this is an Acer PC and I dont have my warranty left :(

randomizer

Champion
If you don't have a warranty then you can mess around without worrying about it. Open the side panel and get a desk fan to blow on your X58 chipset heat sink. If TMPIN doesn't drop noticeably then you can probably ignore it. It may be your GPU but it's unlikely to be that hot at idle unless you've got near zero heatsink contact, and I'm sure you'd be noticing many artifacts and crashing while playing games.

okini55

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

yeah thats the reason why I dont have warranty :S I already have opened it cos I was upgrading the GPU with no luck but anyways back to topic. Where is my X58 chipset heat sink??? Lol?? Is it the super small fan below the CPU cooler? BTW my cpu cooler is huge as hell. And it spins very fast. So I dont really think it can be that hot ???. and why are the other cores so cool and one of them sooo hot?

okini55

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
besides. Aint my PC supposed to turn off when the CPU is that hot if it is that hot? I mean. I NEVER had any problems with it. It works perfect. And my PC aint hot when I touch it. And it blows out pretty cool air.

xaira

Distinguished
well ur chipset hasa fan on it so it doubted itll get so hot, find out what brand the board is, cpu-z can tell you, go to the manufacturers website and see if they make any monitoring utilities for their boards

okini55

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

ok so this wizzard thing says my CPU cores are between 35-45 C but it says processor temp 95c. How the heck is that posible??? How can my cores be cool and my CPU super hot. To me this looks like a temp sensor f*ck up and not overheat issues?? what you think?

okini55

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

yeah more than 8 months and I havent had a single problem at all.

canadian69

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Almost looks like its mixing up celsius and fahrenheit. 35c is 95f. Definately that sensor is wonky. Been running like this for a year? At 95c you would have had problems, major ones I would think.