USB Keyboard Malfunction in XP

InfiniteWarrior

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
have a netbook computer which had water damage on the keyboard.... I bought a USB keyboard, and this worked fine as a replacement.... Unfortunately some of the keys on the original keyboard continued to act up at random, causing interference with my work, and the operating system did not have a method to permanently disable the original keyboard. I used a keymapper to remap malfunctioning keys, which fixed the majority of the problems, yet some keys remained problematic from the water damage on the original keyboard......

I opened the keyboard up, and unplugged the main keyboard from inside the confinments of the netbook, when I turned on the computer, the USB keyboard worked fine in BIOS as I entered my BIOS password, yet when XP operating system booted up, the USB keyboard ceased to work.... I tried all USB ports.... I plugged the original keyboard back in and the USB keyboard worked again...... I guessed that the USB port required protocol from the built in keyboard for the USB keyboard to work in the XP operating system.... I know it can work a different way because it worked in BIOS.... is there a way to fix this......

The other way would be to find a way to permanently disable the main keyboard in windows, yet this can't be done with the computer management system, I tried already... even uninstalling the drivers didn't work as they would autoload......

So basically I need either

1. a way to disable main keyboard in Windows or
2. a way to bypass the USB protocol in windows which requires the main keyboard to be plugged in for the USB keyboard to work..., as the keyboard worked fine in BIOS when the main one was unplugged.....

Love & Light

InfiniteWarrior

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
I volunteer for nonprofit organizations in the Amazon jungle and rainforests, I barely have any money, I hitch-hiked across 10 countries performing activist work in the jungles and indiginous villages with this computer, and during a boat ride across the Darrien Gap I received water damage on it.... I dried it out for most of a month and it finally started working again, now there is the keyboard trouble... I only have internet for 3 weeks and I am in a third world country, no time for shipping and no cash....

I am not talking bull, I have to be in Guatemala in 3 weeks.... If you think 40 bucks isn't a lot you are welcome to send me a donation for the organizations I work for, one dollar buys 40 tortillas in Guatemala and can feed 10 people a small meal.....I live off a dollar a day most of the time.... LIGHT /// ONE WORLD FAMILY...

InfiniteWarrior

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
problem keys are numerous..., I may try this just concerned I might damage one of the keys more...., I don't even want to open it up again because of how much sensetive data is on here for the non profit I work for..... I know there is a solution along the lines I have described... I may try this later tonight.... what happens is at random intervals a few keys will repeat themselves automatically... sometimes it can work for a few hours fine.... then every 5 or 10 minutes keys repeat themselves..... when I turn off the key on key mapping it fixes it......., yet makes problematic typing with mapped keys....