Urgent Overclocking help needed

Solution
62C is the max core temp for deneb and thuban chips if you feel like killing it, go ahead and let it run beyond that limit.

As for bromeh, it's not very nice to provide someone a recommendation that could damage their components, I suggest you do some more reading on overclocking phenom II chips before you provide more suggestions on the topic.

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

If your bios let you, yes but it's not recommended to use stock cooler to overclock. Try it and if the temps are not too bad keep it like that. By the way, don't go over 80c (176f).

- The Brownie

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

42 under load ? Damn get higher !!!! You can get to 80c maximum so you have a lot of headroom :p

- The Brownie

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Yes you can go higher but don't get in the 70's since it's a stock cooler. I think you will hit a wall before getting to those temps :p

- The Brownie

johnnsti08

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2012
Well as it is my first time overclocking i set it to 3.1 ghz and when i checked it was 48 degrees at idle. I also saw at first cpu-z was saying 31xx mhz then however i saw 16xx mhz. I immediately got scared and set it back to 2.96 ghz.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

woah woah this is an AMD cpu not an intel. the max temp for AMD cpu is 63*c not 70 or 80

cbrunnem

Distinguished

cbrunnem

Distinguished

The point is that amd knows way more about these chips then you do and they state that the max temp anyone should run them at for his particular chip is 62*c. I'm trying to give him factual and safe information not personal information about a chip that is not being talked about right now. That is all I'm trying to do. If you dispute anything I have posted remember my posts are factual based not opinion.

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
62C is the max core temp for deneb and thuban chips if you feel like killing it, go ahead and let it run beyond that limit.

As for bromeh, it's not very nice to provide someone a recommendation that could damage their components, I suggest you do some more reading on overclocking phenom II chips before you provide more suggestions on the topic.

Solution

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Sorry for the bad info, i though they could go as high as my old Phenom II (Running between 65-70 on load). I just read a guide that tells not to go over 60c and 1.55vcore.
Keep your oc that way.

- The Brownie