Sign in with
Your question

My first build is done. Thanks to the community!

Last response: in Systems
March 24, 2010 7:34:10 PM

I'm very happy to have completed my first build this weekend. I found this community to be a great resource and thank everyone for contributing information and also for directly answering my questions.

Since I found it so helpful to peruse other folks' build I thought I'd let everyone know what I used:

Core i7-930
GA-X58A-UD3R mobo
12Gb Corsair Dominator RAM
Saphire 5770 vid card
Noctua U12P SE2 cpu cooler/fans
Intel 160Gb SSD
WD 2Tb HDD
Silverstone FT02B case
Corsair HX750

Total price ~$2300

So far things seem to be working well though I haven't done a complete burn in yet and haven't OC'd yet either. Hope to get to that soon. Even without OC, this system seem very fast.. especially compared to my 5yr old pentium :-)

EDIT: Added WD drive and price.

More about : build community

March 24, 2010 8:52:43 PM

jetpack said:
I'm very happy to have completed my first build this weekend. I found this community to be a great resource and thank everyone for contributing information and also for directly answering my questions.

Since I found it so helpful to peruse other folks' build I thought I'd let everyone know what I used:

Core i7-930
GA-X58A-UD3R mobo
Saphire 5770 vid card
Intel 160Gb SSD
Silverstone FT02B case
Corsair HX750

So far things seem to be working well though I haven't done a complete burn in yet and haven't OC'd yet either. Hope to get to that soon. Even without OC, this system seem very fast.. especially compared to my 5yr old pentium :-)

Yeah! Finally someone with the FT02. :D 

Got pics?
m
l
March 25, 2010 12:29:54 AM

I'll get some pics asa i can. Need to resolve a little RAM/OC issue first.

I can tell from your sig that you love the FT02. Awesome case IMHO :-) Elegant and clean.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
March 25, 2010 7:20:23 AM

jetpack said:

Core i7-930
GA-X58A-UD3R mobo
Saphire 5770 vid card
Intel 160Gb SSD
Silverstone FT02B case
Corsair HX750

Im curious, do you have a regular HDD in there somewhere? I only see the SSD listed. If not I'd nab a quick WD 1 TB of somekind quickly. Just my 2 cents, other than that, nice build! And yeah pics!

Speaking of, I'd love to see a forum on here of just build pics, is there such a thing?
m
l
March 25, 2010 12:49:00 PM

jetpack said:

Core i7-930
GA-X58A-UD3R mobo
Saphire 5770 vid card
Intel 160Gb SSD
Silverstone FT02B case
Corsair HX750

Sweet! All for how much?
m
l
March 25, 2010 8:22:45 PM

cmcghee358 said:
Im curious, do you have a regular HDD in there somewhere? I only see the SSD listed. If not I'd nab a quick WD 1 TB of somekind quickly. Just my 2 cents, other than that, nice build! And yeah pics!

Speaking of, I'd love to see a forum on here of just build pics, is there such a thing?

Yeah... I neglected to add my data disk. It's a 2Tb WD.
m
l
March 25, 2010 8:24:24 PM

randomkid said:
Sweet! All for how much?

~$2300. Not cheap, but I saved about 30% over a similar build from a commercial builder.
m
l
March 26, 2010 12:40:23 AM

30% saving for building it yourself. What a great feeling isn't it? That is why we advocate DIY builds to anyone who comes to this forum... :)  Congratulations!!!
m
l
!