T:DS - Auldale - Faction/Pagans Uhh they killed me. Why ?

I went into Auldale through the tunnels of a saved game
I downloaded.

They are rated as an allied group.

So when a guard was chasing Me. I ran into their area. Eventually they
started to wail on the guard.

I thought I heard on of the female pagans say i cause trouble ?

Nothing happened the first time.

When I did it again. Then they wailed on me and the guard.

How come they can kill me if the screen rates them as a
full allied group ?

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

    "Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message news:cjine80222i@drn.newsguy.com...
    >I went into Auldale through the tunnels of a saved game
    > I downloaded.
    >
    > They are rated as an allied group.
    >
    > So when a guard was chasing Me. I ran into their area. Eventually they
    > started to wail on the guard.
    >
    > I thought I heard on of the female pagans say i cause trouble ?
    >
    > Nothing happened the first time.
    >
    > When I did it again. Then they wailed on me and the guard.
    >
    > How come they can kill me if the screen rates them as a
    > full allied group ?

    This happened to me as well. Only the fraction in Auldale was hostile, the
    others behaved as allies, as they were supposed to. Don't know what caused
    it, might be a bug?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:59:54 +0200 McEve said :

    >"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message news:cjine80222i@drn.newsguy.com...
    >>I went into Auldale through the tunnels of a saved game
    >> I downloaded.
    >>
    >> They are rated as an allied group.
    >>
    >> So when a guard was chasing Me. I ran into their area. Eventually they
    >> started to wail on the guard.
    >>
    >> I thought I heard on of the female pagans say i cause trouble ?
    >>
    >> Nothing happened the first time.
    >>
    >> When I did it again. Then they wailed on me and the guard.
    >>
    >> How come they can kill me if the screen rates them as a
    >> full allied group ?
    >>

    >This happened to me as well. Only the fraction in Auldale was hostile, the
    >others behaved as allies, as they were supposed to. Don't know what caused
    >it, might be a bug?

    Thankyou for replying.

    I am glad I am not alone.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "McEve" <mceve@azcappy.com> writes:

    > This happened to me as well. Only the fraction in Auldale was hostile, the
    > others behaved as allies, as they were supposed to. Don't know what caused
    > it, might be a bug?

    I had something similar happen. Everyone is peaceful, but I led a
    guard into the Pagan area. As soon as a blackjacked the guard the
    pagens that could see me became hostile. I think that although I am
    allied with them, they still have the same sort of general purpose
    behavior that any townsperson has and will react if they see violence
    of thieving going on.

    --
    Darin Johnson
    My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance -- Babylon 5

Games Video Games