mobile data store , FinePix S2 - RAW

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 2, 2004 5:45:31 PM

Hi!

I am looking for a mobile data store where I can look at my photos on
a display. But I want to see my RAW files of my FinePix S2. Does
anyone know about such an image tank?

Thanks,
Ingrid
www.travel-impressions.de

Work like you don´t need the money
Love like you´ve never been hurt
Dance like nobody´s watching
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 9:20:41 PM

ingrid@genion.de (Ingrid Firmhofer) writes:

> Hi!
>
> I am looking for a mobile data store where I can look at my photos on
> a display. But I want to see my RAW files of my FinePix S2. Does
> anyone know about such an image tank?
>
> Thanks,
> Ingrid
> www.travel-impressions.de

I haven't used it, but look at the Nixvue Vista:

http://www.nixvue.com/products/vista/index.html

Or if you just want to display on a TV, the Digital Album II:

http://www.nixvue.com/products/da/album2/index.html

--
Michael Meissner
email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org

I highly recommend the Archos Gmini400, it has a CF slot and 20GB space,
and also allows you to play mpeg4/divx/JPEG/BMP movies/pictures
(on its 2.2" LCD or via TV out). It is also a MP3 player and very compact.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

"Ingrid Firmhofer" <ingrid@genion.de> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I am looking for a mobile data store where I can look at my photos on
> a display. But I want to see my RAW files of my FinePix S2. Does
> anyone know about such an image tank?
>
> Thanks,
> Ingrid
> www.travel-impressions.de
>
> Work like you don´t need the money
> Love like you´ve never been hurt
> Dance like nobody´s watching
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 9:05:45 AM

"Dutch Flyer" <dutchwings@bbnet.nl> wrote in message news:<q4Xrd.52153$fY.51400@bignews3.bellsouth.net>...
> I highly recommend the Archos Gmini400, it has a CF slot and 20GB space,
> and also allows you to play mpeg4/divx/JPEG/BMP movies/pictures
> (on its 2.2" LCD or via TV out). It is also a MP3 player and very compact.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

Hi Dutch:

Thanks for the recommendation. I had a look at this already. But
Nixvue seems to be the only one right now which shows the RAW files of
the FinePix S2. What a pitty. The Nixvue has a very small display. And
you are right: It is nice to have a bigger one. So I am back at the
point to buy a mobile storage without being able to see the photos on
the screen, waiting for an update for the S2 of either the Epson
P-2000 or the Archos you mentioned. Meanwhile I consider to buy an
x-drive Pro.

Does anyone have experience with this one. Is it o.k. copying photos
from the card to the hard drive whilst walking around with it (not
jumping) in the bag? But I guess I start a new thread for this.

Thanks,
Ingrid
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 9:09:41 AM

"Dutch Flyer" <dutchwings@bbnet.nl> wrote in message news:<q4Xrd.52153$fY.51400@bignews3.bellsouth.net>...
> I highly recommend the Archos Gmini400, it has a CF slot and 20GB space,
> and also allows you to play mpeg4/divx/JPEG/BMP movies/pictures
> (on its 2.2" LCD or via TV out). It is also a MP3 player and very compact.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

Hi again!

Thanks Dutch, thanks Michael. Nixvue actually seems to be the only one
with which I could look at my photos in the format of the FinePix S2
RAW files. But this one has a tiny display. I am back with a simpler
one waiting for an update of either the Archos or Epson P-2000 for the
Finepix.

Meanwhile I consider to buy an x-drive Pro.

Thanks again!
Ingrid
www.travel-impressions.de
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 8:02:54 PM

On 4 Dec 2004 06:09:41 -0800, ingrid@genion.de (Ingrid Firmhofer)
wrote:

>"Dutch Flyer" <dutchwings@bbnet.nl> wrote in message news:<q4Xrd.52153$fY.51400@bignews3.bellsouth.net>...
>> I highly recommend the Archos Gmini400, it has a CF slot and 20GB space,
>> and also allows you to play mpeg4/divx/JPEG/BMP movies/pictures
>> (on its 2.2" LCD or via TV out). It is also a MP3 player and very compact.
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
>>

>Hi again!
>
>Thanks Dutch, thanks Michael. Nixvue actually seems to be the only one
>with which I could look at my photos in the format of the FinePix S2
>RAW files. But this one has a tiny display. I am back with a simpler
>one waiting for an update of either the Archos or Epson P-2000 for the
>Finepix.

Ingrid,

Why not use the software that comes with the S2 and use a small
laptop, either Mac or PC?

If you get the Hyper utility software you can shoot direct to
laptop/PC/mac....

Pete S.

www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk
!