1999 Game crash after selection menu.

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Games
  • Crash
Last response: in Windows 7
October 23, 2011 2:48:31 AM

I'll try to make this as simple as possible;

I have a copy of the game Hang Sim, and would like the play it on my Windows 7 PC. I am able to launch the game, get to the main menu, select aircraft, then start. After it completes loading, I recieve a black screen for about a second, and the game completely closes. I have tried setting the affinities, compatability mode, etc. I've searched countless hours online, and am using this as a last resort.

I appreciate any help I can recieve.

More about : 1999 game crash selection menu

October 23, 2011 4:14:00 AM

I already have a higher version of Direct X, and the installation won't allow me to install because of that.
m
l
Related resources
October 23, 2011 5:41:52 AM

Still no dice, not sure what's going on. Damn Windows 7, although it didn't work on Vista either.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 23, 2011 5:57:37 AM

Ok the issue may be the games reliance on Direct 3D. Follow the various steps at this MS webpage and confirm that Direct 3D is running and all other identified issues are resolved.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191660
m
l
October 24, 2011 1:44:33 AM

Took me a while, but I've tried with the video card updating and such as explained above. I also attempted to launch the game without the use of Windows Aero, yet I still am having no luck. Maybe some games just will never be revived with Windows 7.. :sarcastic: 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 24, 2011 2:11:06 AM

Its quite likely that is the case. It was after all designed for 95 98 and ME. It may be that it runs into problems when dealing with RAM configurations that are beyond what the 9x OS's were capable of addressing. I cant be sure but anything is possible I guess.
m
l
!