Need quick advice choosing speakers

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Ok so i had my eyes set on this set for a while:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121036&Tpk=z523
the bass is apparently really nice (according to reviews) which is very important to me. however, today there is a deal for this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121006

The price is really close, the 2.1 set actually being more expensive thanks to shipping. Again this is urgent since i was planning on ordering the 2.1 set today, and dont want to lose the discounts. So 2.1 or 5.1? Also these deals are only for today ( i think) so haste would be appreciated :)

EDIT: And i have a sound card that can handle the speakers if thats a problem : Creative X-Fi xtreme gamer

IMHO: Don't get the 5.1 unless you can actually set it up (the speakers in your room) for surround sound. Alot of needless wires if you can't truly create a surround sound enviroment (have speakers behind you). You might need stands for the surround speakers (I have them in my living room, for a 7.1 system.)

I like these: Logitech Z-2300 THX-Ceritfied 2.1 Sound system. I have it (in black), and it "rocks"! Someone choose it as the #1 2.1 computer sound system. But, it's more $$. They're also here.

Else, other than Bose (=$$$$), Logitech has good products. I have 2 sets of there speakers (the other being just 2 speakers, no bass, on my 2nd computer).

myrddral

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
i have the X-540 and i'm really impressed with it! i would suggest to get this model for two reasons:
1) 70W RMS compared to 40 on the other one
2) there's a 'matrix' button on the 540 which makes your two channel sound (f.e. music) put through to all the five speakers!

i have a really small room for my pc but i can set it up for surround.
and the last thing: games+5.1= ultimate experience

hope it helps and you're not out of time yet.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help. I think i'll go for the 2.1 speakers since i dont really have room where my computer is for surround sound. However now i think i might pick up those 5.1 speakers for my HTPC when i get extra $