Asus p6tse why wont you turn on??

PlzWorkStupidComp

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
I just got a new asus p6tse put in an i7 930 and my older ati 4890 (its big and my wires barely fit over it) and it seems i connected everything, but when i plug in the power and turn it on, the button on the motherboard stays red and I can't turn on my computer.

There is a sticky for troubleshooting problems such as yours. If you haven't done so already, check out the troubleshooting guide. The link is in my signature.

If you have already gone through EVERY step in the t/s guide, post the results or observations here. We need to know what you've done or haven't done.

PlzWorkStupidComp

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
Alright so I went down the list, sorry I didnt do it before. Sadly, I had done everything except resetting the CMOS, even after which my motherboard would not boot. When I plug in the power chord I get a red light (shouldn't it be green?). When I push the on button, all I hear is a quick, light sound from my power supply and that is it. I turned off the switch and turned it back on, the fans turned for a split second. I tried resetting the CMOS again and turning the blue pin-thing around (to no avail). I made sure everything is connected correctly as to my motherboard's specifications and whatnot (as I said I went down the list). The only thing that I have not done is that thing mentioned at the end about taking out the motherboard and reassembling everything on an insulated surface.