Someone is my household must have deleted something that they should not have
and we keep getting an error that say hkSFV is not correctly installed
(settings not found in registry). I've tried reinstalling XP Home but that
did not help the situation. Can anyone offer a solution? Also, I'm probably
going to be getting another computer woth XP Professional and upgrading this
one soon and networking them. Will that take care of the problem?

Thanks.

Lu Ann

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:43:02 -0800, Lu Ann wrote:

> Someone is my household must have deleted something that they should not have
> and we keep getting an error that say hkSFV is not correctly installed
> (settings not found in registry). I've tried reinstalling XP Home but that
> did not help the situation. Can anyone offer a solution? Also, I'm probably
> going to be getting another computer woth XP Professional and upgrading this
> one soon and networking them. Will that take care of the problem?

hkSFV is not a Windows file so reinstalling XP or changing to XP Pro is not
going to fix this error. A search on google brought up a software product
with the hkSFV name. Perhaps it was deleted instead of uninstalled or, if
uninstalled, did not neatly remove itself. Home page for the software:
http://www.big-o-software.com/products/hksfv/

NOTE: There are links on that main page for "known problems" and other
support options.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User