Core Parking

I am trying to do the following...

- Go to Regedit
- Find this key:- " 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 "
- Within this key, there is a value called: " ValueMax "
- This value represents the % number of cores the system will park - the default 100% ie: all Cores are potentially park-able
- Change the value from 64 to 0 so the " ValueMin " and " ValueMax " are both zero
- You will have to find the key a few times and repeat the process for each time it is found - the number of instances will depend on the number of power profiles in your system
- Do a full shutdown and power-off and cold-re-start

When I search ("Find") a key, it gives me a message that says finished searching, and then returns back to Regedit. It does not highlight or show the key I am looking for. Please help...

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about core parking
  1. Don't, if you don't have any issues, stop fiddling unless you know what your doing and no offence, you sound like you don't.
  2. Try this instead
    How to increase your FPS for CPU Intensive PC games on Windows 7 and 8
    This is basically a part 2 to my previous tutorial on how to improve fps on an Nvidia graphics card for Windows 7 and 8, but it is different because it works with an AMD GPU, and Nvidia GPU.My previous tutorial:http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1856450/fps-nvidia-graphics-card-windows.htmlWhat... Read More
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Regedit