Can this no name 430w psu handle an hd 4890?

zentithix

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
My spec:

2,40 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo

ASUSTeK P5LD2-X/GBL

2 gb ddr2

digital alliance hd 4890 oc edition

simbadda c-series 430w (it sucks i know)

Will it fry or survive?

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Here are the system requirements for the 4890

ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 - System Requirements

ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 System Requirements
PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
Minimum 1GB of system memory
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
DVD playback requires DVD drive
Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
For a complete ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card (included) are required

The recommended PSU is for the entire system. If I were u I will not take the risk.

There are lots of good manufacturers like seasonic, enermax, PC power & cooling, Silverstone among many others. Corsair and Antec are not the only good PSU's in the world

anonymousdude

Distinguished

true except with the exception of seasonic none of those companies actually make their own PSU's. Most of the best brands have seasonic or cwt make their PSU's.

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

Enermax is a great manufacturer which has always made its own PSUs, although lately there are rumors that some other manufacturer is also producing Enermax units, but nobody knows who... Do you have any information about this matter?