Sign in with
Your question

Looking to replace my Hyper 212 Evo's fan - newb questions.

Last response: in Overclocking
February 4, 2013 2:30:42 PM

Hey guys. Long story short the fan that came with my Hyper 212 Evo has started making this annoying rattling noise that it never made before. I'm looking to replace it with a better made one that is super quiet. I've been doing some research and am currently looking at the Noctua line of fans. Can anyone recommend one that goes well with 212 evo?

By the way, my CPU is a 2500k, but I haven't thought about OCing it yet because I haven't yet played a game I couldn't run fine. I have no other cooling items in my PC other than the back case fan, and my temps are around 25-35c idle. Thanks for your help.
a b K Overclocking
February 4, 2013 3:07:15 PM

good fan choice I've used the Noctua on a corsair h60 rad it has real good airflow and good sound/performance ratio,
it will fit your evo for sure
m
l
February 4, 2013 3:13:12 PM

What's the difference between the Noctua NF-P12 and the Noctua NF-F12?
m
l
Related resources
February 4, 2013 3:23:08 PM

The F is the performance model with higher airflow/louder fan. The F also has better fan Bearings so it will last longer so I would honestly get the NF-F12 instead of the NF-P12
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 4, 2013 3:28:39 PM

the f12 has a higher static pressure with focused airflow, theyboth have pretty much the same noise levels and air flow rate
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 4, 2013 3:38:20 PM

Just in case you need a high quality budget option:
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/xsxi20rpm12m.html

These are very good rad fans due to the high static pressure they provide.
Although if you're only buying one or two the cost of shipping is going to make these less of a value, I bought 8 so it makes a lot of sense for me to buy five dollar fans instead of fifteen dollar fans.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 4, 2013 3:44:39 PM

Hey, you can never have enough fans....
m
l
February 4, 2013 4:13:18 PM

Went with the NF-F12. Thanks guys.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 4, 2013 4:50:00 PM

mlcaouette said:
Just in case you need a high quality budget option:
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/xsxi20rpm12m.html

These are very good rad fans due to the high static pressure they provide.
Although if you're only buying one or two the cost of shipping is going to make these less of a value, I bought 8 so it makes a lot of sense for me to buy five dollar fans instead of fifteen dollar fans.

35db compared to 18-19db on the noctua
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 4, 2013 7:04:31 PM

kiezz said:
35db compared to 18-19db on the noctua

Yup, there's a reason why they're cheaper...I run all my fans at the lowest possible setting except for during overclocking sessions. My 8 fans are only for my rads. I would consider noctua fans if they could come up with a decent color scheme, they're gross looking imo. The actual noise level of the noctua fans at max is 22.4dB, all fans produce less noise at lower speeds. I was simply giving the op a cheap alternative, you don't need $27 fans at stock clocks.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 4, 2013 7:12:01 PM

agreed the colour scheme although immedeately noticable as noctua is just terrible if you can see in the case, im much more a fan of be quiet fans i reckon there on par for performance with noctua and definitely quiet as a whisper and look much much better
m
l
!