False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
That CPU model name must be wrong.

The 5770 is a pretty good card, and it seems like he overclocked an original phenom quite a bit. I would expect to run most games maxed on a 1680x1050 monitor. There aren't many games like Crysis.

Though $4000 is a ridiculous amount of money for a gaming computer, without spending gratuitous amounts on pointless things, like quad RAID 0 SSD's I don't see how someone would manage to spend that much. At least not without cheating and trying to use a dual socket server motherboard.

I'd give it a 6 or 7 on such a scale, because the more you spend the less returns you actually get out of it and the faster it becomes more worthless.

randomkid

Distinguished

Have you ran benchmarking tools like PCMark05, 3DMark06.
The simplest one though not reliable is Windows Experience Index.
It is fun to run these things so try it...

Nitr0gen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
All this only costs me 350 dollars, shipping and handling included. I have a 1280x1024 LCD Monitor and I plan to keep it like that. I only plan to play CoD 6 multiplayer, BF:BC2/Multiplayer, and general FPS games like that. I play Mostly Counter-Strike:Source(only on Performance mode) and it will be nice to play it at full settings(being a 2004 game)

Although I have a much different idea of 'good' fps.
anything above 19FPS stands good for me, hell, I beat GTA IV on my 3GB RAM,GeForce 9200 with Athlon X2 4200e at 8 FPS the whole damn game.

jack_attack

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I'd say 6 as well. It's not the best machine, but it's certainly capable. If CSS is your reference point, I play it maxed everything, 1680x1050 and never drop under 130FPS.

Source engine is aging though, new games will give it a good workout.

fastx21

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Really a 1280x1024 monitor?? What is it like a 17" normal original flat screen monitor?

Anyhow the comp should last you another year or 1.5 before you'll need to replace it all together.

Jeesh this is a tough crowd, and it is pretty obvious some of them don't have clue...... For the res you are running, it is a very capable machine, and for the cash you had to lay out, it should really hit the sweet spot for value and performance. From where you are, you have to start digging in the wallet a lot deeper to get marginal gains. IMHO, you did pretty darn good.
Who gives a fat rats behind what anyone else thinks anyhow, the main thing is, how do YOU like it? I would however make the jump to a 64 bit OS if I were you.
Have fun.

randomkid

Distinguished

What for? If you already have the HD5770 why spend more money to buy another video card?

As pointed out by False Dmitry, the CPU model must be wrong. Maybe you mean Phenom X4 9750. If you want and upgrade go for a real Phenom II say 955.
But then again your X4 9750 is not bad when OC'd as it is so save the money for a more meaningful upgrade later.

BuBBaLuMps

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
I just built a new system. Cost about $1500 or so, minus some rebates.

Asus P6T SE
i7 930
Asus Radeon 5870
6GB DDR Corsair Ram
1GB WD Black HD
Corsair TX850 PSU

Running a 24" 1900x1200 monitor

Seems good so far. Haven't loaded Crysis but Mass Effect 2 looked quite good at max settings.