Which optical drive?

RedMonarch

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Well i was thinking on buying a Cooler Master HAF 932 from Newegg but im not sure if it comes with an optical drive. Anyway it probably doesnt, so i might have to buy a new one. What i wanted to know if any optical drive fits on the cases slot, or if i need a particular one to fiit. If someone could recommend me some brands and models, id appreciate it a lot. If there are any good ones that cost less than 40 or 50, that'll be great. Thanks.

RedMonarch

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I actually need an optical drive that reads cds and dvds, the regular ones that come with every pc. I dont know if im gonna need one with blu-ray, i really dont watch that much movies, its mostly for playing games or listening for music.

RedMonarch

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
thanks for the recommendations guys, but when i go to newegg there are CD/DVD drives and CD/DVD burners, which one am i supposed to get?, i mean which one is the regular one that every PC has?

The difference is that the ones can only read disks where the others can read and also write to blank disks -- most people nowadays will get the burners because the cost is the same and the burners can do all of the things a reader does and also write disks when needed.