Bad company 2 no anti-aliasing

sammytheman

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Hello,

Hi guys I have the game for PC but when I enable AA, there is not difference. I have GTX 260 and went to Nvidia control panel and chose "overwrite application setting" or "application controlled", none of which helped. Lately I have been having a lot of issues with AA in gaming such as Bioshock2, Mass Effect 2 and now this game. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.

G

Nonsense, anti-aliasing is one of the most striking effects you can have in a game. It must be you who is blind. If you set to 8x AA and have no impact on visuals or fps, then the driver is simply not activating AA when you tell it to. Look for an update. With regard to Mass Effect 2 and other games based on the UT3 engine, downloading either ATI tray tools or the Nvidia equivalent should let you override the settings so long as you rename the exe to UT3.exe, that is one workaround anyway.

I would agree AA makes a diff. No AA is annoying for me. I was playing BC2 and it was at x4 instead of x8 and I noticed it changed after an update. I agree that some games are less noticeable though.

What drivers are you using? I heard Nvidia has some drivers that they reverted back from because of issues. I do not recall which ones they were. You could try downloaded the latest from their site, uninstalling your drivers, rebooting and installing from scratch.