Sign in with
Your question

Bad company 2 no anti-aliasing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 9, 2010 6:07:28 PM

Hello,

Hi guys I have the game for PC but when I enable AA, there is not difference. I have GTX 260 and went to Nvidia control panel and chose "overwrite application setting" or "application controlled", none of which helped. Lately I have been having a lot of issues with AA in gaming such as Bioshock2, Mass Effect 2 and now this game. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.
March 9, 2010 7:25:03 PM

updating the drivers to your card might help.
m
l
March 9, 2010 8:11:50 PM

What do you mean "No Diffrence" IN fps, or in quilty? Maybe you just have bad vision and can't see the diffrence? Or maybe you're hitting a FPS cap?
m
l
Related resources
March 9, 2010 8:57:38 PM

When I say no difference, I mean I choose 2X or 4X or 8X AA and hit APPLY and guess what, I don't get AA. The images are still jaggy.
m
l
March 9, 2010 9:15:24 PM

What res? What game qualiities?
m
l
March 10, 2010 12:22:03 AM

Does it still say AA is enabled if you check the settings later?

Can you post screens for no and max AA?

Do you take an FPS hit?
m
l
March 10, 2010 6:42:37 PM

Honeslty, AA doesn't make a huge diffrence unless you have 20:20 vision, or better lol. The most likely senario is that everything is working fine, and you just can't see the diffrence.
m
l
Anonymous
March 22, 2010 4:43:02 PM

Nonsense, anti-aliasing is one of the most striking effects you can have in a game. It must be you who is blind. If you set to 8x AA and have no impact on visuals or fps, then the driver is simply not activating AA when you tell it to. Look for an update. With regard to Mass Effect 2 and other games based on the UT3 engine, downloading either ATI tray tools or the Nvidia equivalent should let you override the settings so long as you rename the exe to UT3.exe, that is one workaround anyway.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
March 22, 2010 5:14:53 PM

I would agree AA makes a diff. No AA is annoying for me. I was playing BC2 and it was at x4 instead of x8 and I noticed it changed after an update. I agree that some games are less noticeable though.

What drivers are you using? I heard Nvidia has some drivers that they reverted back from because of issues. I do not recall which ones they were. You could try downloaded the latest from their site, uninstalling your drivers, rebooting and installing from scratch.
m
l
!