Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking/Performance Help

Last response: in Overclocking
February 5, 2013 1:49:38 AM

Hello gentlemen, let me start off by saying I'm a pretty big computer noob when It comes to this kind of stuff and any knowledge response would help so much! Basics: I recently bought an HP pavilon p-1414 desktop computer. I want to gain performance when playing video games normal use. I think I have a good computer, but I'm not sure? Specs:AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 7560D graphics,6GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM,4MB L2 cache memory,1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm),and windows 8 pre installed OS. It's a brand new computer. Questions: 1-Would you recommend any drivers or any helpful downloads. 2-I play a single core game called world of tanks, I want to get more FPS, any way to help one of my cores more than the other 3 so It will run better? 3-Any guides on how to overclock my computer and my graphics card? I really need help, I can't play my computer games as I think I should be able to. I'm looking for feet per second(fps) increases. THANKYOU!!!
a b K Overclocking
February 5, 2013 8:11:45 AM

*frames per second*

You cannot overclock your computer (cpu) it is a brand-name store-bought pc and those don't overclock. The overclocking features are deliberately locked down on the motherboards so people don't screw up the systems and abuse the warranty.

What you can do to improve your performance though is buy a nice dedicated graphics card. That should give you a nice boost over the integrated gpu wich is meant for basic stuff like watching movies.

Thats my straight-up simple answer/recommendation. Hope that helps ;) 
m
l
February 6, 2013 1:59:16 AM

Thanks man!
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
February 6, 2013 5:12:38 PM

No problem man, hope everything goes well for you.

If you have any more questions or something cool, post back ;) 
m
l
February 8, 2013 10:14:04 AM

just to throw an idea, swap out the motherboard and you should be able to overclock. APU's tend to have pretty good valued motherboards for under $100. I'm pretty sure if you swap it out you'll defiantly get much better perfromance right off the bat. Since you're a "noob" in computers, try picking up an MSI or ASUS. Those boards you can do auto overclocks and get pretty good overclocks with just 1 click. From there you can make minor adjustments for efficiency.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 8, 2013 5:04:11 PM

^ thats a good idea. But make sure the size of the motherboard fits if you do that. A lot of store-bought PCs are mini itx... others just atx. Just make sure the motherboard is the same form factor as the one inside the computer you bought.

As far as graphics, if you don't have a dedicated card, I would still recommend you get one even if you swap out the motherboard... a good graphics card is what will give you the most increase in fps.
m
l
!