Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Read this and tell me what im probably screwing up on my 3570k

Last response: in Overclocking
February 5, 2013 3:49:23 AM

I"m tryin to get past 4.5ghz and I know it's a mixture of my crappy cooler (H60) and my board (asrock pro4) but i mean, i've seen people with worse hit 4.6 and a couple even 4.7..perhaps this could be because they just drew a better chip than i, but that's the point of this thread I guess...is to see if there's anything I could be missing that would cause this. currently im at :

4.5ghz 1.28v
temps:
ITB HIGH stress level: max temp of 86c when the tdp jumps to like 200+ for a split second..other than that: high 50's to low 60'sc...

ive tried c states on and off but perhaps not in every single possible combination. i've tried adjusting vcore and turbo voltage, allcore vs manual core multiplier setting, i put 2x corsair sp120 hp edition fans on the h60. would an NH-D14 or a better VRM board help me more? or is it even possible to answer that one? thanks for the help in advance guys/ladies

More about : read screwing 3570k

Best solution

a b å Intel
a c 135 K Overclocking
February 5, 2013 10:12:54 PM

clintwilks said:
I"m tryin to get past 4.5ghz and I know it's a mixture of my crappy cooler (H60) and my board (asrock pro4) but i mean, i've seen people with worse hit 4.6 and a couple even 4.7..perhaps this could be because they just drew a better chip than i, but that's the point of this thread I guess...is to see if there's anything I could be missing that would cause this. currently im at :

4.5ghz 1.28v
temps:
ITB VERY HIGH stress level: max temp of 86c when the tdp jumps to like 200+ for a split second..other than that: high 50's to low 60'sc...

ive tried c states on and off but perhaps not in every single possible combination. i've tried adjusting vcore and turbo voltage, allcore vs manual core multiplier setting, i put 2x corsair sp120 hp edition fans on the h60. would an NH-D14 or a better VRM board help me more? or is it even possible to answer that one? thanks for the help in advance guys/ladies

Excuse the above idiot. Reported him.

Uhm ok well I think your main problem is the Pro4 board. BUT the NH-D14 will serve you better and its much cheaper than replacing the board.

So if you really want better OCing and you are willing to take a chance spending some money. Start with a better cooler.(NH-D14).
a b å Intel
a c 130 K Overclocking
February 5, 2013 10:39:21 PM

Chips are different in their maximum overclock.
Take what you get that is stable and go on to something else.

If you are a competitive overclocker, sell the chip and try a new one.
Score
Related resources
a b å Intel
a c 135 K Overclocking
February 5, 2013 10:45:32 PM

Thanks moderators...
Score
a c 120 å Intel
a c 391 K Overclocking
February 5, 2013 11:51:18 PM

Mine is stable at 4.6 with the Noctua mentioned above.
Score
February 6, 2013 10:02:35 AM

well its not that i'm much of a competitive overclocker...i just feel like my current cooling and mb setup is really inadequate if i want to get the most out of the current chip I do have, so if i spent, say, the money to buy the cooler off ebay and then got the extreme4 board..which after reading more on and check into more, i i really really want now anyway, that i definitely wouldn't be disappointed and it could only help me as far as getting to 4.6-4.7...is that right?
Score
February 6, 2013 10:05:04 AM

Some things i should have mentioned before: i can still take the pro4 board back and get the credit for it that i bought at microcenter and use that toward the extreme4 ..so it wouldnt be expensive really...and as far as the cooler, im guesring i should def go with the d14 over the h100? my case is the storm enforcer with 2x 200mm exhaust and the h60 as intake.
Score
a c 120 å Intel
a c 391 K Overclocking
February 6, 2013 10:21:09 AM

extreme4 < very good board,i've put 2 together in the past couple of months.
Score
a b å Intel
a c 135 K Overclocking
February 6, 2013 10:56:34 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
extreme4 < very good board,i've put 2 together in the past couple of months.

+1...

I have one 2.
Score
February 6, 2013 11:10:04 AM

Best answer selected by clintwilks.
Score
!