WD Black 1TB 7200RPM 64cache 6.0gb/s Overkill?

Azok

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
I have a 120SSD as main drive and want a HDD for media (tons of music + HD movies), secondary games, rarely used apps. I am trying to future-proof this computer as much as possible, this seemed like the best HDD, and now its on sale for $120. Is the 64MB cache overkill? I don't really know what that means. I will have a i5-3570k if that matters.

Solution
It's a little fast for general music/movie storage. But I'd buy that if I were you. It's not like you're asking about 15,000RPM SAS drives. :)

But I'm the type of person that can't stand 5400RPM drives. Yea they have a "green" message behind them, but I'm not that patient. :)

I wouldn't say it's overkill. And it's only a couple $ different from other vendors' 32MB option. Sounds like a good price for a good drive.

psaus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
It's a little fast for general music/movie storage. But I'd buy that if I were you. It's not like you're asking about 15,000RPM SAS drives. :)

But I'm the type of person that can't stand 5400RPM drives. Yea they have a "green" message behind them, but I'm not that patient. :)

I wouldn't say it's overkill. And it's only a couple $ different from other vendors' 32MB option. Sounds like a good price for a good drive.

Solution