Remote Desktop screen problem

CiciS

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hello,
I started having problems using RD to VPN connect to my work desktop. Nothing has changed as far as I am know on any of the machines.

The problem is as follows:
I start RDP, I type in the IP address of the machine I want to connect to (to which I have connected thousands of times before), The RDP window opens and I am being prompted for my credentials. Screen looks OK, but having the credentials I typed in appear takes a VERY long time... Eventually it processes the OK button click and the remote machines screen comes up Except that is is all garbage. Moving the mouse or clicking on the image seems to clear a little of the mouse area, but it is completely unusable. Other colleagues have tried but got the same result. When not in the office we connect via VPN, but I tried today connecting from within the office and I get the same result.
In the RD window, if I PrintScreen and then paste it on my laptop (I wanted to copy/paste the garbled image) the image is NOT garbled at all.
Both machines are XP SP3.

Anyone? Any ideas? I have to travel and I must be able to connect to my work machine.
Thank you kindly for you suggestions!