Asus BIOS Options

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
It says "Powerful Computing with Front Side Bus Overclocking 1600MHz" I'm not entirely sure what that means... Maybe they're trying to say its stock overclocked. idk, I haven't seen any overclocking features like fsb in the bios anywhere... maybe its hidden.

Hmm as far as I can tell there are no real overclocking featurs in the bios of this computer. It seems like it just has an overclocked front side bus which most commonly ranges between 533Mhz, 800Mhz, 1066Mhz, or 1333Mhz on 775 boards.

You could possibly reach the fsb settings somewhere in the advanced menu page possibly under chipset. If you can't find it then there is no way to overclock the machine unless you want to try modding the bios.

If you are interested in looking into bios modification (which is risky) here's a link http://www.bios-mods.com/

PS: I have done bios modding on 1 or 2 boards successfully before. But don't expect anything amazing. You can unlock only things that are originally in the bios code but remain locked by the brand (usually for warranty abuse prevention)