Wide-angle point-and-shoot digital?

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 2, 2004 7:19:31 PM

Olympus used to make a Stylus Epic wide, with a 28-80mm lens, which was
really great. Are there any point and shoot digitals out there that
have ~28mm equivalence at their widest zoom setting?

-PDB
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 11:05:37 PM

"piledrivingbob" <scoles@gmail.com> writes:

> Olympus used to make a Stylus Epic wide, with a 28-80mm lens, which was
> really great. Are there any point and shoot digitals out there that
> have ~28mm equivalence at their widest zoom setting?

Off the top of my head: Olympus C-5060WZ, Olympus C-8080WZ, Nikon Coolpix 8400.

--
Michael Meissner
email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org

piledrivingbob wrote:
> Olympus used to make a Stylus Epic wide, with a 28-80mm lens, which was
> really great. Are there any point and shoot digitals out there that
> have ~28mm equivalence at their widest zoom setting?
>
> -PDB

Yes.

Ricoh Caplio RX: 28-100mm
Ricoh Caplio R1: 28-135mm
Fujifilm FinePix E500: 28-90mm

My Digital World:
Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
Hitachi 37PD, DGTEC 2000A, Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

Disclaimer:
given nor endorsed by it.
December 3, 2004 3:48:41 AM

In article <1102033171.021453.269510@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
scoles@gmail.com says...

>Olympus used to make a Stylus Epic wide, with a 28-80mm lens, which was
>really great. Are there any point and shoot digitals out there that
>have ~28mm equivalence at their widest zoom setting?
>
>-PDB

Canon S-60 is right at 28mm eq, and I think there is a Sony, as well.

Hunt
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 4:36:58 AM

"piledrivingbob" <scoles@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Olympus used to make a Stylus Epic wide, with a 28-80mm lens, which was
> really great. Are there any point and shoot digitals out there that
> have ~28mm equivalence at their widest zoom setting?

Canon S70 has a 28-100 equiv. lens. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems
like a great little camera unless you want a cheap one.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons70/

--
Jan Otto
!