1000$(or less) GAMING computer

kakasa

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
A friend of mine wants to build a computer, so what do you recommned?
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 1 week-1month BUDGET RANGE: 1000$ (if it can be less, even better)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming,movies.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: None COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Spain

PARTS PREFERENCES: None

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe(would be nice to get a gpu, and when it starts to get old, sli or crossfire it, what do you think?

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1280x1024 now, possibly a future upgrade to 22" or so. (but in a long time)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Loooooonglife computer.

Here's an interesting build that would be great for your current uses:

CPU/Mobo: i7-930 and Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R $480
RAM: G.Skill Pi Series 3x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 $180
GPU: HD 4650 $30 after rebate
HDD: Seagate 7200.12 500 GB $55
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W $80
Case: HAF 922 $90 after rebate
Optical: Cheap SATA DVD burner $24
HSF (if OC): Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus $35

Total: $979.

As you can see, I choose to get a very expensive CPU as the base of the build, while putting in a very weak card. The reason for this is that this cheap card will easily game at your resolution, and GPUs are easily replaced. The same is not true of the CPU/mobo. So this gives you the best base to build off of with future upgrades. The mobo is high quality and future proof with USB3/SATA III support. The case is larger enough to fit any card and high quality so it can easily last many, many years. The PSU is overkill for the current build, but can handle whatever you throw at it as a single card. The reason I say "single card" is that you wouldn't want to stick another HD 4650 in Crossfire when you upgrade. You'd definitely want to grab a much newer card with the new monitor (like the HD 5850, 5870, 5970 or the upcoming nVidia cards). 650W would be more than enough to handle any of these, but would likely be a little weak for Crossfiring them (which would be a number of years down the road). By the time you'd be looking at adding the second card, you would either be looking at newer cards with newer features or would want a new PSU any way.

kakasa

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
The computer is to play Battlefield Bad Company 2, APB, and some future games in high graphics, you think the HD 4650 is good for that?

TRENDING THREADS